What We Are About
Fastloop is a Vancouver-based technology company that fuses business strategy with technology transformations and change enablement, which helps our clients lead their businesses into the future. Our pillars of excellence include: Big Data, Cloud Technology, and Analytics (including Advanced Analytics initiatives in automation, AI, and machine learning). We work agnostically across all systems and infrastructures, but also have a core Google Cloud practice, with Google Cloud and Looker being key implementation partners.
Strategy & Analytics Team at Fastloop
The Strategy & Analytics Team's is tasked with gaining a deep understanding of our client’s business – the challenges and opportunities facing our clients' industries and organizations as a whole, and developing the right business plans and strategies to take their organizations to the next level. We serve our clients by addressing their individual needs – whether that would be improving their existing services, streamlining business and technology solutions, or helping to implement an entirely new technology ecosystem and/or solution. The Strategy team at Fastloop is on the cutting edge of where business is going – it's a fast paced, roll-up-your-sleeves, multi-disciplinary department that makes transformations happen across many industries and sectors.
About the Opportunity
As a Business Analyst you will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of projects with a wide range of different industries, businesses, and technologies. You will work closely with Fastloop’s Technology team of Cloud Architects, Data Engineers, and Data Scientists to understand business and solution requirements, and strategize future initiatives that support our clients’ move to cloud and analytics adoption across their organizations.
The Fastloop Strategy & Analytics team focuses on three core areas with our clients: New Business Development (Consulting Project Sales), Discovery & Strategic Planning, and the Implementation of Business Strategies, Analytics, and Operational Changes.
New Business Development
- Participating in the construction of pitching materials and presentations for strategic and technical projects to mid-to-large enterprises across North America;
- Identification of business and industry challenges relating to businesses across a wide number of industry verticals;
- Research across industry sectors, and solutions in key areas that include data, analytics, monetization/revenue, governance, technology platforms, and infrastructure;
- Educating businesses on the importance of modern data, analytics, and cloud practices and strategies.
Discovery & Strategic Planning
- Ownership in business, strategic, and transitional requirements gathered across workshops, interviews, and constructed questionnaires / surveys;
- Developing a deep understanding of the business’ core objectives, challenges, and operational circumstances;
- Strategic thinking in business, analytics, and data outcomes that are made possible through cloud and analytics adoption;
- Specifications, features, and capabilities that will need to be enabled through analytics initiatives;
- Functional requirements capturing that will cover all metrics, calculations, and other informational design considerations for implementation.
Implementation & Change Management
- Ownership in delivering on business and transitional requirements in the form of analytics, platforms, and strategic considerations;
- Strong understanding on informational design concepts for what business operators will need to see in data and analytics outcomes (e.g. Business drivers, KPI, metrics, calculations);
- Educating and training of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the client business, with training materials and documentation, lesson planning, and change management.
- Developing plans on key changes that need to take place in the client's operating models where and when needed due to the digital transformation
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 1+ years of experience in an analytical role (business, financial, or BI);
- Experience in strategy and/or technology enabled business transformation, innovation ideation, evaluation and adoption, strategic effectiveness and strategic model design, review, and management;
- Completed Undergraduate degree in a related field; and any recognized professional certifications would be an asset;
- Demonstrated experience with technology and interest in the topics of data, cloud, or advanced analytics as business enablers;
- Exceptional senior/executive stakeholder management skills, including strong emotional intelligence and ability to relate to a variety of personality types;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, and strong attention to detail;
- Structured problem-solving skills and logical thinking, as well as ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions.
- Experience with Google Cloud, Azure, Snowflake, or Amazon Web Services
- Experience in Media, Marketing, & Loyalty (CDPs, Loyalty Platforms, DMPs)
- Experience in Data Governance initiatives
Interested candidates should apply below at Fastloop.ai.
Due to the number of candidates, we will only contact those who will be shortlisted for interviews.